Field Study #5

  

There were definitely a lot of changes between my 4th and 5th field studies. The most noticeable, which you will see in my pictures, was that it finally snowed! Personally, I am not a fan of the winter, but I can't deny that the snow is beautiful. There wasn't very much snow yet, but about 2 inches was covering my entire backyard. The leaves are also almost completely off of the trees which makes my backyard look a lot more bare. It was also FREEZING outside. Another note is that the length of day has continued to drop which has made getting these pictures in the daylight even harder. 

Organisms I noticed were:
- Trees: The trees are finally rid of all the leaves but other than that they are the same as they have been.
- Plants: Many different plants, nothing different than usual except that they don't have leaves anymore.  They are more of a weird collection of sticks at this point.
- Birds: Still birds, which is a bit surprising since it has snowed now.
-Turkeys: I have been seeing a lot of turkeys in my backyard lately. I always have to notice them because my dog ends up chasing them until they fly up into the trees.
-Deer: My sister and I saw another deer during this field study and it happened to be in the same place that I saw one during my 3rd field stddy.



My Same Spot Picture:






Temperature: 33
Date + Time: 4:00 on Sunday, November 13
Present Climate Conditions: Very cold and windy! It had been snowing a lot recently.
Length of day: 10 hours, 27 minutes
Awe and Stewardship: I think it is so amazing how God designed the trees to survive even through the winter when all of their leaves fall off. Even though the winter can be one of the more trying seasons, God still finds a way to give us the ability to go through it. I am always so grateful for heaters during the winter and that I have a home. Winter is so beautiful but also amazing that God created it.


Pictures:







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field Study #1

Field Study #3