Field Study #4

 

🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿

I did my 4th Field Study on another gorgeous day. I've enjoyed these visits during the fall but I am certainly dreading doing them during the winter. A few changes that I've noticed since October 11 include the color of leaves and also the amount. A lot of leaves have fallen off of the trees since my last visit and the ones that haven't are turning a beautiful golden color. It was a bit windy outside and it seemed that it was raining leaves! I had to laugh because they were falling all around me as consistently as if it were snowing. I guess I chose the perfect day to do this because it was 65 degrees out but the leaves were changing color. It was the perfect combination of summer and fall and I love it. Another change I noticed was length of day. It has been dropping quite consistently and I will need to start planning my visits for times when it will still be light out. 

🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿


Organisms I noticed were:
- Trees: Since I started these field studies, the trees in my backyard have gone from green to greenish yellow to finally a gorgeous golden color. 
- Plants: All sorts of different plants. It always amazes me how all these different kinds of plants all survive together.
- Birds: I always hear lots of birds whenever I am outside. That's one of the things I love about my house, it is in such a quiet area that the birds and frogs and crickets are so easily audible.
- Squirrels: As always, there were also a ton of squirrels in my backyard. I saw one as soon as I got outside and it actually let me get pretty close to it before it ran up the tree.


My Same Spot Picture:


*During my field study, I found this nailed to a tree. It has the numbers 0 8 4 engraved on it. I am not sure what it is but here is a picture:

Temperature: 65
Date + Time: 4:00 on Saturday, October 22
Present Climate Conditions: A bit of wind but otherwise it was a gorgeous day out!
Length of day: 10 hours, 45 minutes
Awe and Stewardship: I know I usually talk about awe in this part of my field studies, but today I would like to touch on the stewardship of our world. I am a big supporter of doing things in a way that is environmentally friendly. I think I got it from my mom who also cares a lot about that. Although my backyard is gorgeous, there are so many areas that could be just like it if we took care of them. I think that we are at the point where if you put in a little effort, you could pretty easily change your habits to ones of stewardship for the earth. I hope that we, as a planet, can continue to get better at making these good habits and that we can continue to clean up our world.


Pictures:













Comments

  1. Great post! Great observations and pictures! I'm honestly not sure what your metal tag is...did you check with your parents? You picked a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Field Study #1

Field Study #5

Field Study #3